Taste Spicy Summer with the Valentina Grilled Wings at MaryGold’s by Brad Kilgore
Valentina Grilled Chicken Wings
Chef Brad Kilgore
MaryGold’s is a cosmopolitan haven in Wynwood Arts District, marrying classic charm with eclectic allure, embracing both roots and the “New Wynwood.”
2217 NW Miami Ct, Miami, FL 33127
*Please inquire with the restaurant to confirm if this recipe is available, as it may vary depending on the season.
Introducing MaryGold’s Valentina Grilled Chicken Wings, a happy hour exclusive only found at the bar starting at 5 p.m. The crispy shareable is brined in a salt solution for four hours to keep the meat moist and tender while adding excellent flavor. The wings are ideal for a spicy, grilled taste of summer.
- Chicken Wings
- 5% Salt Brine (5% salt to water ratio, plus preferred aromatics)
- Ancho Chili Rub (recipe below)
- Valentina Black Label Extra Hot Sauce
- Kewpie Mayo
- Scallions (thinly sliced on a bias)
- Crispy Garlic
- Lime wedge
Ancho Chili Rub
- 50g ancho chili powder
- 30g smoked paprika
- 10g sweet paprika
- 10g garlic powder
- 10g onion powder
- 5g cumin powder
- 5g oregano
- 50g salt
- Combine ingredients in a bowl
- Brine chicken wings in the 5% salt solution for four hours.
- Remove the wings from the brine and pat dry or air dry in the refrigerator overnight.
- Season the wings generously with the ancho chili rub.
- Grill over medium-low heat until wings are cooked through.
- Finish over medium-high heat just slightly to char the wing for the finish.
- Arrange finished wings vertically in a line and drizzle with alternating lines on kewpie mayo and Valentina Black Label hot sauce.
- Garnish the wings with scallions, crispy garlic and serve with lime wedge.