EGG-ACTLY WHAT YOU’RE CRAVING
MILA Restaurant’s meticulous attention to detail doesn’t get downplayed during their brunch service: Their intricate Egg in Jar, Potato Puree, Feta Foam, and Sourdough is the perfect recipe for those looking for a midday cooking challenge. For this dish, gastronomes must make time for three individual steps—making the egg, puree, and foam—before assembling them all into a Mason Jar.
Egg in a Mason Jar
1 ea Mason jar
3 tblsp potato puree
1 ea sous vide egg
5 g truffle oil
40 g feta espuma
2 g La Maja EVOO
TT Maldon salt
1 g chive rondelles
- 63 C. sous vide egg
- Set the sous vide at 63 C.
- Place the eggs in a pasta basket and leave for 35 minutes.
- After that, crack one to check. If done, ice down in water with ice.
- Set the sous vide at 56 C. to maintain the eggs hot, without over cooking them.
1 kg peeled and cooked yukon potato
0.5 kg butter diced and tempered
1 cup heavy cream reduced in half
4 tbs la maja evoo
- Place the potatoes with skin in cold water and bring up to a simmer. Allow to cook thoroughly until soft in the inside. Place an extra potato so it yields the desired weight. 2,
- Peel while still hot and pass through a fine mesh and incorporate
- The butter tempered with a spatula.
- Add the reduced heavy cream. Add the EVOO and season to taste with salt.
- Put in quarts and maintain hot at 56 C.
1000 g heavy cream
500 g feta cheese
- Combine the 3 and reduce until thick.
- Blend in Vitaprep and pass through Chinoise.
- Cool down in a double ice bowl.
- Heat up before charging in to the siphon.
- Add 2 Charges and keep warm at 56 C.
Cut 1″ slices. Drizzle with olive oil and salt.
Toast in the salamander and cut in five triangles.
786.706.0744; Mila Restaurant, Miami Beach