The Copper Door B&B introduced Rosie’s in 2020 as a pop-up concept in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. Co-owner and hospitality veteran Jamila Ross named the pop-up after her mother. Rosie’s serves simple, savory, and sweet Southern and Italian-inspired selections that made the spot a social media standout. Collectively, Ross and her partner Akino West have work for establishments helmed by Chef José Andrés, Chef Michael Schwartz, and Chef Niven Patel.
Lemon Ricotta Pancakes
3 cups all-purpose flour
7 tbsp sugar, white
4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
2 cups milk
2 cups ricotta (low-fat or whole)
6 large eggs
2 tsp vanilla extract
3 – 4 tbsp lemon zest
1/2 cup lemon juice
2 tbsp butter, melted
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt by whisking together. Create a well and set it aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together milk, ricotta, eggs, and vanilla.
- Add butter, lemon zest, and lemon juice to the milk mixture and whisk until just combines (it should be a little lumpy- no worries).
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and gently fold, and be careful not to over-mix. Allow batter to rest for 5 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Lightly grease a griddle or cast-iron pan with non-stick spray and allow to come up to medium-high heat. Spoon about 1/4 cup of batter. Allow cooking until the edges are golden brown and the pancake creates bubbles, and then flip.
305.454.9065 Rosie’s Miami, Overtown