- Impress your guests with this flavorful dish that will have them asking for seconds.
III Forks’ Braised Short Ribs
- Short ribs, boneless 6 each
- 2 tbsp. Steak seasoning (salt and black pepper)
- ¼ cup canola oil
- 1 yellow onion, rough chopped
- 3 celery stalks, rough chopped
- 4 large carrots, rough chopped
- 6 oz. beef base
- ½ gallon water
- 1 cup Jack Daniels Black
- 1 ounce fresh thyme
- 5 cloves of fresh garlic
- 1 oz. Coca Cola
- ¾ gallons Dr. Pepper
- Season short ribs on all sides with steak seasoning.
- Place a large rondeau over medium high heat. Add oil, allow to heat, then sear short ribs on both sides.
- Remove the short ribs from the pan and add onion, celery, and carrots, and cook, stirring until caramelized.
- Measure water and beef base into a one-third size pan, mix well with a wire whip, and set aside.
- Add Jack Daniels to the mixture in the rondeau, deglaze the pan, and allow to cook for one minute.
- Add the water and beef base mixture, thyme, garlic, Coca Cola and Dr. Pepper and stir.
- Add reserved short ribs, bring to a boil, remove from the heat and place in a preheated 350°F oven for 4 hours.
This story is from the Fall 2021 issue. Read the magazine here.