Finish off your holiday meal with this festive cake by Grateful Palate that looks almost too beautiful to eat. 3003 NE 32nd Ave., Fort Lauderdale; eventsbygratefulpalate.com
- 5 eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Tres Leches Mix
- 1 1/2 cans sweetened condensed milk
- 1 1/2 cans evaporated milk
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
Eggnog Creme Anglaise
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 4 large egg yolk
- 1/4 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon dark rum
- 1 tablespoon bourbon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Set medium metal bowl in a large bowl of ice.
- Combine rum and sugar in saucepan.
- Set saucepan on medium heat stirring until sugar dissolves.
- Heat mixture but do not allow to boil.
- Remove from heat.
- Put egg yolks and salt together in a bowl and whisk.
- Pour half a cup of creme mixture gradually
- Pour it into the remaining mixture in the saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring consistently until custard thickens.
- Don’t overheat or boil.
- Strain and place on ice bath.
- Whisk in rum, bourbon, nutmeg and vanilla extract.
- Transport to another container and cover surface with wrap and refrigerate.
- 300 grams egg whites
- 415 grams of granulated sugar
- 50 grams of brown sugar
- Pinch of cream of tartar
- 4 tablespoons of red food coloring gel
- 1 can of red metallic spray
- Place egg white in electric mixer bowl. Whip until foamy.
- Pour cream of tartar and sugar on high. Whip until white and creamy.
- Pour in your red food coloring
- Pipe on your tres leches cake
- Spray with red metallic coloring
- Fresh mixed berries
- Gold petals
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Grease your dome silicone molds.
- In a large bowl, add eggs and 3/4 cups of sugar and vanilla.
- Use an electric mixer and mix on high for three minutes until pole and thick.
- Add melted butter and flour, then add baking powder and salt.
- Mix dry ingredients until all combined.
- Combine dry ingredients with wet ingredients. Do not overmix.
- Pour mix into molds and bake until fork comes out clean.
- While cake is in the oven, mix your sweetened condensed milk, evaporated milk, and whole milk.
- As soon that the cakes come out of the oven, poke on top many times with fork.
- Pour milk mixture over cake, until cake absorbs all the milk
- Pour some of your crème Anglaise sauce on a dessert plate of your choice.
- Place your tres leches cake on top of sauce.
- Garnish with fresh mixed berries and gold petals.
This recipe is from our Winter 2021-2022 issue. Read more here.