CARROT CAKE BRUNCH
They say this heaping helping is “almost too sweet to eat,” but we’ll be the judge of that.After establishing two Last Vegas outposts, the 24-hour* diner, Cafe Americano, took residence on Ocean Drive at the Hotel Victor and the Redbury Hotel. The new openings brought along the eatery’s signature Carrot Cake French Toast, a multi-stacked marvel topped with cream cheese frosting and candied carrots.
Carrot Cake French Toast
Cream Cheese Frosting Ingredients (yields 6 oz.)
6 oz. cream cheese
4 cups powdered sugar
1 tsp. vanilla extract
Mix cream cheese in a mixer with vanilla and powdered sugar. Set aside.
2 slices of carrot cake
1/4 cup Candied Pecans
7 carrot sticks
1/2 tsp. powdered sugar
2 oz. clarified butter
As needed: spiced French toast batter
- Dip the cake pieces in the batter and drain off the excess.
- On a buttered griddle, place the toast down and cook through about 3 minutes per side. Once done, place the first slice in the center of a round plate.
- Pipe 5 oz. of the cream cheese frosting evenly on top and sprinkle with half of the pecans. Place the next slice on top of the frosting, and pipe 1 oz. of the frosting in the middle of the top of the slice. Sprinkle the remaining pecans over the top.
- Stick the carrot sticks in the cream cheese frosting so that they stand vertically.
- Sprinkle powdered sugar over the top.
786.730.3549; Hotel Victor, Miami Beach