- A perfect balance of sweet and spice, this pie embodies the flavors of the holidays with its touch of cinnamon, nutmeg and allspice.
Yardbird’s Spiced Pumpkin Pie Filling
- Pie Dough, chilled
- 2 ounces Unsalted Butter
- 8 ounces Cream Cheese
- 1 cup Granulated White Sugar
- ½ teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon Ground Ginger
- 1 pinch Ground Nutmeg
- 1 pinch Ground Clove
- 1 Egg
- 1 Egg Yolk
- 1 pound Canned Pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extra
- Pre-heat oven to 350F
- Using a rolling pin and a floured surface, roll out the Pie Dough to ¼ inch thick. Place in 9” Deep Pie Tin and crimp edges
- Place a circle of parchment paper on top and fill to the top with “pie weights” (un-cooked rice or un-cooked beans). This will keep the dough from puffing while baking.
- Bake the crusts for at least 10 minutes, or until the edges are light brown.
- Remove the parchment/pie weights. Bake for an additional 10+ minutes or until the center is a light brown color.
- Let cool to room temperature.
- Heat the butter in a pan and simmer until the milk solids caramelize to make “brown butter”. You’ll know it’s done when it smells nutty and there are brown granules on the bottom. Set aside to cool to room temperature
- In a standing mixer, with the paddle attachment, paddle the cream cheese until completely smooth.
- Add the cooled butter, sugar, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and clove. Mix until smooth.
- Add the egg, egg yolk, pumpkin, and vanilla. Mix until combined
- Add the half and half. Mix until combined
- Pour into the cooled Pie Crust
- Bake for about 20 minutes, or until the middle barely jiggles when touched.
- Cool down to room temperature, then refrigerate for up to 4 days
- Top with whipped cream, caramel, and chopped gingersnap cookies
1600 Lenox Ave, Miami Beach, FL 33139, 305.538.5220; runchickenrun.com
Recipe by: Chef Jessica Scott