- Explore your town with these fun things to do all year round, plus our favorite holiday happenings to get you into the seasonal spirit.
Glide in a Gondola
Take advantage of Fort Lauderdale’s waterways with Riverfront Gondola Tours. But before you hop on board, order your dinner from Casa Sensei and enjoy a decadent meal while you cruise. 1200 E. Las Olas Blvd.; 954.616.7699; riverfrontgondolatours.com
Tequila and Tunes
Warm up your vocal cords and head to Bodega Taqueria y Tequila every Tuesday night for Music Bingo from 7 to 9 p.m. Plus, Taco Tuesday promotions include discounted tacos, margaritas, beers and tequila. 21 W. Las Olas Blvd., Fort Lauderdale; 954.945.5545; bodegataqueria.com
Art in the Market
As part of FATVillage’s monthly ArtWalk, Sistrunk Marketplace welcomes a featured local artist and musical entertainment. The complimentary event within the market also features plenty of food vendors to enjoy while you’re checking out the art. 115 NW Sixth St., Fort Lauderdale; 954.329.2551; sistrunkmarketplace.com
The Arts Garage has a slew of events to discover, like an Open Mic Night on the second Tuesday of the month, Poetry Night on the third Monday, and a lively Jam Session the last Monday of the month. 94 NE Second Ave., Delray Beach; 561.450.6357; artsgarage.org
Follow the Food
If you’re looking for a VIP culinary adventure, reserve a spot on a Craft Food Tours excursion. The Delray-based company offers weekly tours with behind-the-scenes access to restaurants and bars in both Delray and Fort Lauderdale. 103 NW Third Ave., Delray Beach; 954.559.8456; craftfoodtours.com
To discover—or rediscover—West Palm Beach, West Palm Beach Food Tours offer a selection of options, like the historic neighborhood tour and downtown food tour.
Holly Jolly Spirit
- An annual tradition, drive through winding Tradewinds Park for Holiday Fantasy of Lights in Coconut Creek. Further north, gaze in awe of the 100-foot Christmas tree in Downtown Delray Beach.
- In true Florida fashion, meet Sandi Land, the 35-foot holiday sand tree with a nightly music and light show in West Palm Beach, or take a peek at the Palm Beach Marriott Singer Island’s life-sized gingerbread house.
- Even the animals are in the mood for the holidays thanks to Zoo Lights at Palm Beach Zoo. You can also take in the lights at Hoffman’s Chocolate Winter Wonderland (and eat some chocolate too!)
- Get your cocktail on! The most highly anticipated holiday pop-up is back at Death or Glory with Miracle Pop-up Bar, featuring an entire menu of holiday-themed cocktails. If you want to make your own, make your way to Eau Palm Beach Resort & Spa for its holiday cocktail classes.
Say Hello to 2022
There are plenty of ways to ring in the New Year! Head to Clematis Street to watch the fireworks light up the sky over West Palm Beach. Plan a staycation at the new The Ray on Delray Beach’s Atlantic Avenue, The Dalmar in Fort Lauderdale or The Ben in West Palm Beach, all of which have incredible rooftops for views of the fireworks! If you want to toast the arrival of 2022 at home, pop into Fort Liquordale and Primos Liquors in Fort Lauderdale or Wine House Social in Delray Beach to pick up a bottle of bubbly.
This story is from our Winter 2021-2022 issue. Read more here.