Impress your guests this holiday season with this dessert recipe from Amar Bakery in Boynton Beach. It’s relatively simple to make but will leave a deliciously lasting impression on your guests. 1600 N. Federal Highway #15, Boynton Beach; 561.806.6726; amar-bakery.com
- 8 egg yolks
- 1 tsp. almond extract
- 1 tbsp. almond liqueur
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 quart heavy cream
- 1 Tahitian vanilla bean, cut in half and deseeded (keep husk)
- 1⁄4 tsp. salt
- 1⁄4 cup chopped pistachios
- Granulated sugar
- 1 gallon sauce pot
- Sheet pan
- Oven-proof ramekins
- Preheat oven 350 degrees.
- Blend together yolk, egg, sugar, extracts and salt. Set aside.
- Bring heavy cream and vanilla bean with husk to a boil. Reduce to simmer.
- Pour 1 cup in egg mixture, whisk and add back into pot of heavy cream.
- Bring to boil, reduce to simmer. And strain into plastic container.
- Add pistachio while hot.
- Place custard 3⁄4 ways up ramakins, place on sheet pan.
- Pour Hot water on sheet pan 1⁄2 up the ramakin. Bake in oven degrees for 38 minutes.
- Let cool and dust with granulated sugar. Caramelized sugar with torch.
- Let cool for 30 seconds. Serve with toasted pistachio and powdered sugar.
This recipe is from our Winter 2021-2022 issue. Read more here.