BUTTERNUT SQUASH HUMMUS RECIPE
Yields 8 portions
1 Butternut Squash
1 qt. Hummus
½ cup Brown Sugar
1 tbsp. Sugar
1 tsp. Cinnamon
½ tsp. Ground Ginger
⅛ tsp. Ground Clove
3 tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 tbsp. Lemon Juice
1 tbsp. Salt
To prepare the Butternut Squash Hummus:
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Cut the butternut squash in half longwise.
- Place both halves on a sheet tray skin-side down.
- Drizzle butternut squash halves with olive oil and season with salt.
- Roast for 40 minutes or until golden and soft. Let cool.
- Once cool, trim off any charred parts. Then, scoop the butternut squash out of the skin into a blender.
- Add hummus, brown sugar, sugar, cinnamon, ground ginger, ground clove and lemon juice to the blender with the butternut squash. You can also add all ingredients to a separate bowl and incorporate into the blender in batches.
- Blend until fully incorporated and smooth.
- Add salt to taste, then spoon into a dish and top with toasted pepitas.
- Serve warm with bread or crackers, and enjoy!
PHOTO CREDIT: Samantha Brauer